Thursday, November 17, 2011

Getting my Falafel Fix

Al'Fez make some really good Mediterranean and Moroccan products. Today I tried their Falafel mix, purchased from Tesco. It's ever so easy to make and one packet (which costs under €2) made 12 decent sized falafel nuggets. I shallow fried them briefly, and they tasted much nicer than any pre-made, shop-bought falafels I've tasted before. I would make my falafels from scratch, but at that price and with such a healthy ingredients list why bother going to all that effort?! ;)

I will have to check out more in their range. They have a lot that is vegan - Kofta spice, Tahini, Houmous and Harissa sauce to name but a few... I shall definitely be on the look out for these. In the meanwhile, I think I will be having falafels on a regular basis! They are so delicious in a Mediterranean pocket wrap (like a thinner, but slightly larger pitta), with grated carrot, onion and sweet chilli sauce. Mmmmm!

4 comments:

  1. Om Nom Nom. I've tasted these before, they are so delicious! Must go for a Tesco sweep soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah for sure, they are soooo good! I am craving them now, what the heck did they put in them that wasn't on the ingredients list??? I'm totally addicted!! ;)

    ReplyDelete